To make the most of your eyelash extensions, here are some eyelash extensions aftercare tips to follow:
- For 24 hours after having your eyelashes applied, avoid showers or getting them wet. This means that you should also avoid saunas and steam-rooms in this time. This will provide the glue with sufficient time to cure.
- You should not use waterproof mascara on your eyelashes. You are likely to find that you don’t need mascara but if you do, choose a water soluble option or one which states it has been designed to be used with eyelash extensions.
- When removing makeup around the eyes use cotton swabs and be gentle.
- Avoid using moisturisers, makeup removers or cleansers that contain solvents or oils as these can compromise the boding material for your eyelashes.
- Do not rub your eyes. Instead, you should pat your eyes gently.
- Watch out for getting your lashes caught on clothes or towels when you dress/undress/dry yourself.
- Do not pull off eyelash extensions as this can damage your natural eyelash.
- Don’t use eyelash curlers on your eyelashes.
- Don’t tint or perm your eyelash extensions.